Acute and Chronic Pain Management
Everyone experiences physical pain at some point, but roughly one in five Americans lives with chronic pain that affects daily activities and mood.
At the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), our physiatrists, nurses, therapists, and other professionals design plans that not only treat chronic pain, but also the whole patient who lives with the pain.
Causes of Chronic Pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome (reflex sympathetic dystrophy)
- Failed back surgery
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Knee and hip injuries
- Myofascial pain/ fibromyalgia
- Neck, shoulder, and back injuries
- Nerve (neuropathic) pain
Treating Chronic Pain
After an initial assessment, we work closely with your primary care and referring physicians to ensure continuity of care that's tailored to your personal needs.
Our treatment methods for chronic pain include:
Medical Treatments and Services
- Fluoroscopic-guided spine injections
- Regenerative injection therapy
- Trigger point injections
- Ultrasound-guided joint injections
- Non-narcotic medications
- Spinal cord stimulator
- Physician-guided exercise programs