Who Can Donate a Kidney?
At UPMC, we honor those with an unselfish reason for wanting to help a loved one or stranger by donating a kidney.
Living-donors can include:
- Family members, blood- or emotionally-related
Living-Donor Kidney Surgery Eligibility
Potential living kidney donors should:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 69
- Be in good general health and have no history of:
- Heart disease
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis and hepatitis B and C
- Cancers or other diseases that could complicate the surgery