Life Changing is Meaningful Community Support
From neighborhood clinics and support groups, to free medical equipment and transportation, UPMC provides more than 3,000 free and subsidized programs.
Taking Action to Meet Community Health Needs
To see the progress UPMC is making and its plans for the future, read more about Community Health Needs Assessments.
Addressing Social Determinants of Health
UPMC is working to reduce health inequities in underserved communities across the Commonwealth. In 2019, UPMC Health Plan launched the UPMC Center for Social Impact, an initiative housed within the UPMC Center for High-Value Health Care. Social Impact coordinates, evaluates, and expands on new and existing evidence-based efforts to address health-related social needs, building upon UPMC’s tradition of holistic, high-quality care for the communities we serve.
For more information, visit our website.
UPMC Center for Social Impact
Efforts to support our communities focus on addressing social needs, such as:
- Improving affordability and access to housing for our members and communities
- Creating access to opportunities for employment and workforce development at UPMC
- Making meaningful member connections to community resources by increasing member awareness of social supports and programs
- Improving care coordination for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and autism
- Addressing the unique needs of our LGBTQIA+ populations