The UPMC Difference
Affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC is redefining health care by using innovative science, technology, and medicine to invent new models of accountable, cost-efficient, and patient-centered care.
Demonstrated Clinical Performance
Ranked among America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside has renowned centers of excellence in:
- Cardiology and Heart Surgery
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Gastroenterology and GI Surgery
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
See annual patient activity and other UPMC facts and figures.
Technology and Innovation
- Invested more than $1 billion in information technology over the last five years to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care.
- Partnered with leading vendors, such as Alcatel-Lucent, Cerner, and IBM, to develop technology solutions that will benefit health care providers and patients worldwide.
- Expanded its telehealth services, giving patients throughout the region and abroad access to world-class specialists.