At the UPMC McKeesport Internal Medicine Residency Program, we are dedicated to providing broad-based clinical training in Internal Medicine, while serving the health needs of our community. The core value of our program is our commitment to educate and train our residents to become competent physician leaders, providing high quality, patient-centered care, with an emphasis on primary care and hospital medicine. We strive to accomplish our goals by providing a supportive working and learning environment that fosters professional growth and guides them to be caring and compassionate physicians.
Our Program at a Glance
- 39 residents (13 per year)
- Typical resident profile (averages):
- 1-3 year post-graduation, except for applicants with active clinical training, e.g. UK MRCP holders, etc.
- USMLE scores over 220 in step 1 and 2, and may have completed step 3 prior to start of residency
- US citizens as well as both J1 and H1 visa holders
- Graduates of both allopathic and osteopathic medical schools
- Fully electronic health record system
- Continuous collaboration with nurses and administrators
- Over 90% board passage rate over the past 10 years
- Active participation in research, publications, regional, and national presentations
Where do our graduates go?