About the UPMC McKeesport Internal Medicine Residency Program
Our Program at a Glance
- 39 residents (13 per year)
- Typical resident profile (averages):
- 1-3 year post-graduation, except for applicants with active clinical training, e.g. UK MRCP holders, etc.
- USMLE scores over 220 in step 1 and 2, and may have completed step 3 prior to start of residency
- US citizens as well as both J1 and H1 visa holders
- Graduates of both allopathic and osteopathic medical schools
- Fully electronic health record system
- Continuous collaboration with nurses and administrators
- Over 90% board passage rate over the past 10 years
- Active participation in research, publications, regional, and national presentations
Where do our graduates go?