UPMC Passavant – McCandless
9100 Babcock Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Located about 10 miles north of downtown Pittsburgh in McCandless, UPMC Passavant provides service to hundreds of thousands of Allegheny County residents. UPMC Passavant – McCandless includes nearly 400 beds and gives residents convenient access to the area’s finest physicians and health services.
Passavant has over 400 board-certified physicians on staff across 22 specialties between our McCandless and Cranberry campuses, and we treat a variety of conditions.
Our Signature Services
- The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Passavant, nationally recognized for quality and patient outcomes. Services include everything from basic diagnostic tests to highly advanced imaging and treatment options.
- UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, offering cutting-edge cancer care, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Emergency Services at UPMC Passavant – McCandless provide emergency care to patients throughout Pittsburgh’s northern suburbs. The Passavant Emergency Departments handle nearly 60,000 visits each year.
- Outpatient Services, including imaging and surgery at UPMC Outpatient Center Wexford.
- Spinal Services, including minimally invasive surgery and outpatient procedures. Our services include advanced imaging, tests, and treatment done by an expert team of specialists.
- Gastrointestinal and Colon Services, including the UPMC Passavant GI Center and the Colon and Rectal Clinic. We use advanced technologies and treatments to provide the best care for your conditions.
- UPMC Magee-Womens Specialty Services provides comprehensive care for women, including diagnosis, treatment, and outpatient options.
- Minimally invasive Robotic Surgery where robotic-assistive devices help our surgeons with complex procedures, with potentially less blood loss and pain for the patient.
Learn more about our services and quality of care.
UPMC Passavant also holds the Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for quality of nursing care.
Services We Offer
UPMC Passavant – McCandless offers services across nearly two dozen medical specialties.
The services we offer include:
- Bloodless Medicine
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Emergency Medicine
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Endovascular and Vascular Therapy
- Healthy Lifestyle Center
- Imaging Services/Radiology
- DEXA/Bone Density
- General X-ray
- Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Inpatient Rehab
- Inpatient Services
- Nutrition Counseling Services
- Oncology Services
- Medical, Radiation, and Surgical
- Outpatient Services
- Pain Management
- Pathology Lab
- Phlebotomy Lab
- Primary Care
- Robotic Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine Services
- Stop Smoking Program
- Stroke Services
- Surgical Procedures
- Esophageal and Lung
- General and Minimally Invasive
- Open Heart
- UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
- UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- Women’s Health
- Wound Healing
Learn more about the services we offer.
Campus Features at UPMC Passavant – McCandless
UPMC Passavant – McCandless features the UPMC Passavant Pavilion, which has extra space for the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, emergency department, and surgical services. Constructed with a focus on the environment, the pavilion is the first LEED-certified hospital addition in the North Hills.
Learn more about the UPMC Passavant Patient Pavilion.
The campus also features a garden to help in our patients’ healing process.
Amenities at UPMC Passavant – McCandless
UPMC Passavant – McCandless also features many amenities for patients and visitors, including dining, a gift shop, ATMs, and wireless Internet service. We also have Concierge Services staff who can provide help for any number of patient and visitor needs.
Find out more about our amenities.