Your Heart Deserves the Best
The UPMC Heart & Vascular Institute, located in Pittsburgh, Pa, is one of the nation's leading centers for comprehensive cardiovascular care. Ranked among America's best hospitals for heart care and heart surgery by US News & World Report, UPMC is home to leaders in the field, advanced specialty treatment programs and groundbreaking research and clinical trials.
Trust your heart to the experts and the hospitals who are helping shape the future of heart care.
Setting New Standards
Dr. Liza Villanueva's ultrasound research is leading to new ways to detect and treat heart disease in its earliest stages.
- Learn more about the Center for Ultrasound Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics, where research is conducted.
- Read more about research and clinical trials at the UPMC Heart & Vascular Institute.
- See Dr. Villanueva's biography.
Creating New and Better Procedures
Dr. Tom Gleason developed new techniques for aortic valve repair that have made him one of the country's top experts.
- Learn more about the Center for Thoracic Aortic Disease.
- Read about UPMC's treatment approach for thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- See Dr. Gleason's biography.