The UPMC Difference for Orthopaedic Services
Experts in All Areas of Bone, Muscle, and Joint Care
At UPMC Orthopaedic Care, our services focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- Foot and ankle: Our surgeons use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat foot, ankle, and heel problems.
- General orthopaedics: Our community orthopaedic surgeons offer the broadest range of specialty services in western Pennsylvania for musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- Hand, elbow, and shoulder: Our cutting-edge orthopaedic research opens up endless treatment possibilities for hand, elbow, and shoulder conditions of all kinds.
- Joint replacement: Our joint replacement specialists have access to UPMC's incredible support services, including:
- A complete operating room team.
- A network of rehabilitation services.
- An expert team of cardiologists, pulmonologists, physical therapists, anesthesiologists, and more.
- Musculoskeletal oncology: Our musculoskeletal oncology experts diagnose and treat both cancerous and noncancerous bone and soft tissue tumors.
- Spine surgery: Our surgeons are discovering more and more ways to treat the spine and save the spinal cord and nerve function. We perform more than 1,500 spine, neck, and back surgeries each year.
- Trauma: Our team of trauma surgeons uses minimally invasive methods to treat broken bones, fractures, and other traumatic orthopaedic injuries.
- Pediatrics orthopaedics: Our pediatric orthopaedic surgeons specialize in treating children with musculoskeletal problems.
- Podiatry surgery: Our podiatric surgeons provide both medical and surgical care for conditions of the foot, ankle, and lower extremities.
- Sports medicine: Our sports medicine experts focus on the prevention and treatment of sports-related injuries. We provide a full range of services for both athletes and non-athletes.
An Unparalleled Research and Clinical Trial Program
Funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the University of Pittsburgh Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is unmatched in the western Pennsylvania region for orthopaedic research and clinical trials.
Our team of researchers actively pursues breakthroughs in:
- The use of stem cells for growing new bone and cartilage.
- New and improved joint replacement techniques.
We’re also constantly conducting a whole host of clinical trial studies that are accessible to qualifying patients.
UPMC's Network of Support Services
UPMC Orthopaedic Care offers a wide range of specialty orthopaedic services and treatments using advanced surgical methods. Our orthopaedic surgeons and support staff guide patients through diagnosis, surgery, rehabilitation, and aftercare. This unified system allows our patients to receive complete care, from start to finish.
Nationally recognized as a leader in orthopaedic care, UPMC provides our orthopaedic surgeons with a vast network of resources such as: