Call the UPMC Nurse Advice team in Central Pa.— toll-free 1-866-968-7731 or at 717-988-0074 — 24/7 for expert advice quickly.
Our registered nurses can provide answers to your health questions, connect you with your doctor’s office and guide you to the right place for care.
When Should I Call Nurse Advice?
Call us if:
- You, or a family member are sick
- You have a question about your medications
- You aren’t sure if you need a doctor’s appointment, or if you aren't sure the situation is an emergency
What Information Will Nurse Advice Provide?
- Help you manage your illness or injury at home, without needing to make an appointment
- Help you find an appointment in your office, or direct you to a walk-in clinic or urgent care center.
- Direct you to the nearest emergency department if you need immediate attention
Will My Doctor’s Office Know I Called Nurse Advice?
Yes, if you have a UPMC provider. Our nurses will enter notes in your patient file so they can be read by members of your UPMC care team in Central Pa.
Is There a Charge for Nurse Advice?
No. This is a free service.
Contact the Nurses Advice Team
When you want real advice from trusted professionals, call toll-free 1-866-968-7731 or 717-988-0074.
Connect with the UPMC Central PA Portal app 24/7
UPMC Central PA Portal providers patients across the central Pennsylvania region with secure access to their health information. It is the fastest way to send a message to your doctor, refill prescriptions, get test results, and schedule and manage appointments, including video visits.
Log-In or Sign Up Today