Advanced Robotics Training — Thoracic Surgery
Through the UPMC Center for Advanced Robotics Training (CART), UPMC thoracic surgeons are actively transforming years of experience in robotic surgery into applicable pathways to proficiency for surgeons and their teams.
The CART thoracic surgery program is highly customizable to address specific procedural interests—including advanced pulmonary, mediastinal, and/or esophageal procedures— as well as the individual skill levels and needs of participating physicians.
Thoracic Surgery Robotics Training Program Overview
CART has developed a comprehensive training program, featuring both remote and in-person mentorship.
The robotics training coursework in thoracic surgery encompasses a variety of critical concepts and techniques to support efficient skill development and effective application of the learned material.
- Observation of live surgery
- Overview of proper lab setup
- Metrics-driven simulation work
- Performance of various thoracic surgery robotic procedures
Training surgeons are ultimately provided a level of familiarity with the robotic system that supports easier, more effective implementation of robotic surgery systems within their own hospitals.
We may also provide continued proctorship via:
- Video reviews
- On-site visits
- Online resources
Our Experience in Thoracic Robotic Surgery
UPMC thoracic surgeons:
- Are innovators in establishing robotic approaches to highly complex thoracic procedures.
- Have one of the most extensive international experiences in robotic-assisted minimally invasive esophagectomy (RAMIE).
Contact us to learn more about our robotic thoracic surgery training program.