UPMC St. Margaret Lawrenceville Family Health Center
High-quality health care for you and your family conveniently located in your neighborhood
Since 1970, patients and their families have relied on the Lawrenceville Family Health Center, a full- service, neighborhood family practice office located at 40th and Butler streets in Lawrenceville, for all their medical needs.
Our primary focus is on preventive care — keeping our patients healthy is our goal.
Our family medicine doctors and staff offer ongoing medical care, services, and programs for every member of the family.
- Primary medical care for all family members
- Nurse visits, including blood pressure checks, WIC forms, etc.
- Comprehensive adult health care and health screenings
- Geriatric care
- Pediatric care, including well-child checkups, immunizations, and sick visits
- Gynecology and family planning
- On-site x-rays
- Lab services, including blood draws, throat and urine cultures, and blood glucose tests
- On-site social work services
- Diabetes education and treatment
- Medication consultations with pharmacists
- School and work physicals
- Minor skin surgery and stitches
- Sports medicine and treatment of minor injuries, including fractures
- Hearing and vision testing
- On-site dental care for children (provided by Allegheny County Health Department)
- Access to our network of physicians 24/7
- Health education classes, such as smoking cessation and menopause
Features and Amenities
- Same-day appointments available
- Free parking
- Convenient location (near public transportation)
- Most insurances accepted
- Assistance available for those without insurance
Information for Patients
To schedule an appointment, call the health center during office hours at 412-622-7343. Briefly explain the reason for the appointment to the receptionist. Most appointments can be scheduled to accommodate patients’ needs.
If you must change your appointment, call us before your scheduled appointment time. This courtesy allows us to schedule another patient for care. The receptionist can reschedule your appointment at that time.
is an Internet-based tool — available 24 hours a day, seven days a week — that enables patients to communicate more conveniently and more effectively with their doctor's office.
With UPMC HealthTrak, patients have the opportunity to:
- Schedule appointments and request cancellations
- Update demographics, including contact information
- Submit billing and other customer service questions
- Submit updated insurance information
- Receive alerts about appointments
- View recent doctor visits
Refilling Your Prescription
The easiest and fastest way to get your prescriptions refilled is at your next office visit. However, if your prescription will run out before your next visit, please call 412-622-7343 for a refill. When you call, be ready to give the following information:
- Your name and the correct spelling
- Your birth date or Social Security number
- Your physician’s name
- Prescription name
- Pharmacy name and phone number