Begin a Meaningful Career at Mercy Hospital School of Nursing
Why Choose the Mercy Hospital School of Nursing?
The Mercy Hospital School of Nursing (MHSN), a 21-month, hospital-based diploma school of nursing, was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893. Today, MHSN is sponsored by UPMC Mercy, a part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
UPMC Mercy remains the only faith-based health care provider in the city of Pittsburgh. UPMC Mercy provides a full range of services, including designation as a Level I Regional Resource Trauma Center and as a Primary Stroke Center.
The Mercy Hospital School of Nursing is an integral part of UPMC Mercy. The school has graduated more than 5,700 nurses and has a long-standing reputation in the tri-state area for the high performance of its graduates.
The Mercy Hospital School of Nursing program reflects the Core Values of UPMC Mercy:
- Reverence for each person
- Commitment to the poor
- A high NCLEX pass rate.
- A tuition forgivable loan available.
- Students complete over 1000 clinical hours throughout the program
- Students begin interacting with patients during the first week of the program.
- Utilization of technologies including Moodle Course Management System. Simulation, and iPods for clinical practice.
- Small student-to-instructor ratios allows for challenging and closely guided learning experiences.
- Students receive a variety of clinical experiences at UPMC Mercy, a Level I Regional Resource Trauma Center
- An excellent reputation for educating highly successful and well respected nurses.
- Active and full participation in student organizations.
- Students earn up to 30 transferable credits from Carlow University.
Mercy School of Nursing is fully approved by the State Board of Nursing Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
It is also fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formally NLNAC National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission Inc.
For additional information, please contact:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, (ACEN)
Formally NLNAC, National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326