World-Class Cardiovascular Care Close to Home
The expertise of the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute is now available at UPMC Western Maryland. Our team of cardiovascular experts provides personalized treatment for a full spectrum of cardiovascular conditions, including coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, and heart valve disease.
At UPMC Western Maryland, our team of providers, nurses, and support staff offers invasive and non-invasive procedures for patients diagnosed with cardiovascular diseases. We provide personalized treatment for patients who undergo open heart surgery or a cardiothoracic procedure. Our areas of expertise include:
- Adult cardiac surgery.
- Cardiac catheterization and angioplasty.
- Cardiac electrophysiology.
- Cardiac imaging.
- Cardiac rehabilitation.
- Heart failure clinic.
- Heart valve surgery.
Why Choose UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Western Maryland?
- UPMC Western Maryland was one of just a few hospitals nationwide to receive the American College of Cardiology's NCDR Chest Pain – MI Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2021. The award recognizes hospitals that successfully implement a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
- Our award-winning open heart surgery program is the only one in Maryland west of Baltimore.
- UPMC Western Maryland is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a “High Performing Hospital" for congestive heart failure.
- The UPMC Heart and Lung Transplant Program is one of the few nationwide to have performed more than 3,000 adult heart, lung, or combined heart-lung transplants — making it one of the most experienced in the world.
- Experts in our Division of Vascular Surgery helped pioneer many of the minimally invasive procedures in use today for the treatment of the entire vascular system.
UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Western Maryland
12500 Willowbrook Rd.
Cumberland, MD 21502
For more information or to schedule an appointment with UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Western Maryland, please call 240-964-7000 or fill out the form below.
Learn More About Heart and Vascular Health
Learn more from UPMC HealthBeat.
© 2023 UPMC I Affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences