Insurance and Billing for Perfusion Therapy
Please call your insurance carrier before you are admitted to the hospital. Most insurance carriers now require patients to get approval before a hospital admission.
If you do not get approval from your insurance carrier before you are admitted, the insurance company may not cover the services.
Disability Claims and Forms
If your illness requires you to miss work or become temporarily disabled, our office will assist you with completing your disability forms.
Mail your completed portion of the claim forms to:
David C. Koch Regional Perfusion Cancer Therapy Center
UPMC Cancer Pavilion
5150 Centre Ave., Suite 415
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Please enclose a stamped envelope addressed to the company or individual who is to receive the completed forms.
Our staff will attend to this as soon as possible. We recognize how important this is to you and your family.
University of Pittsburgh Physicians (UPP) participates in many insurance plans and will file a claim for all services covered under a plan.
- On the day you come for an office visit, you will be asked to pay for services not covered by your insurance plan, including copayments and deductibles.
- If we do not participate with your insurance plan, you will be expected to pay for the office services at the time of your visit.
- We will also will file claims related to hospitalizations and procedures. You will be responsible for any balance not covered by your insurance plan.
Additional Fees for Service
- You and your insurance company will receive separate bills for the doctor and hospital services you received.
- Bills will include charges for outpatient services and hospital charges.
- In addition, you will receive separate bills from the doctors who helped care for you.
Billing and Payment Questions
If you want to discuss a payment plan or have questions about billing, call UPP Customer Service — Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST — at:
- 1-888-647-9600 (toll-free)
Mail written inquires to:
UPP Customer Service
Harbor Gardens, Suite 300
1650 Metropolitan St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15233