The Center for Assistive Technology
A joint program of UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh, the Center for Assistive Technology (CAT) has emerged as a leader and innovator in the assistive technology field.
Comprehensive Services Based on Needs and Goals
Specific products and services, based on the client’s individual needs and goals, include:
Mobility Products and Services
- Adaptive driving evaluation and training
- On-the-road evaluations of vehicle modifications
- Personal mobility seating and positioning systems
- Recreational devices, such as cycles and skis
Communication Products and Services
- Augmentative communication devices
- Audiology services
- Aural rehabilitation assistive listening and alerting devices
- Hearing aid dispensing
- Specialized computer equipment and software, such as adaptive keyboards, monitors, and voice recognition programs
Comfort Products and Services
- Environmental control units for home, work, or school
- Ergonomic workstation designs
- Workplace modifications
Location and Parking
CAT is located in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh, in Forbes Tower, between Meyran Avenue and Atwood Street, one-half block south of Forbes Avenue. We are on the third floor in suite 3010.
Complimentary, accessible parking is available in the Forbes Tower parking garage, as well as in the Forbes Tower surface lot behind the building. Before you leave the CAT office, one of our staff members will validate your parking ticket.