Electronic Health Record (EHR) Solutions
UPMC MedChart EpicCare Solution
UPMC MedChart is a subsidized EHR solution that includes e-prescribing capability for private practices that have no EHR in place.
UPMC’s EpicCare solution provides varying levels of EHR sophistication and connectivity to meet the needs of both large and small private practices.
By selecting UPMC MedChart EpicCare, private practices will benefit from the functionality of an Epic EHR product with these additional benefits:
- UPMC EHR donation - cost is approximately $480 - $500 per month per provider, regardless of option selected, through the December 31, 2013 sunset of the Stark Law exception, and Anti-Kickback Safe Harbor, for EHR donations
- Technical assistance with implementation, training, and support
- Support to reach the 25 HHS meaningful use criteria that are required to be met in order to qualify for Medicare or Medicaid incentives; for example the electronic prescribing criteria
- Assistance with process redesign as necessary for successful integration of EHR into practice workflow
- Options for comprehensive EHR solutions that automate scheduling, registration, billing and claims
- Optional levels of connectivity with UPMC hospitals and specialty practices for the treating physician to access patient information, streamlined referrals, and simplified diagnostic test orders and results
Electronic Connectivity Solution
For practices that already maintain their own EHR solution, we offer UPMC MedLink, a cost-free means of access to the treating physicians’ lab, radiology, cardiology and other test results, as well as operative reports and discharge summaries.