HealthTrak and eVisits
Managing Your Health Online
UPMC HealthTrak* offers you secure on-line access to portions of your medical records. It enables you to manage your health – online and on your schedule. With UPMC HealthTrak, you can use the Internet to:
- Get advice securely from your doctor's office
- Review your medical history and test results
- Renew prescriptions
- Spot problems early by tracking glucose and blood pressure at home
- Request appointments
- Ask billing questions
- Have an online doctor's visit using eVisit
You can sign up during a visit to your doctor's office, or you can click here to complete an online application. Once you have your access code, click the link on the log-in page to "Sign up with your access code." If you still have difficulties, you can e-mail email@example.com or call the UPMC HealthTrak Support Line at 1-866-884-8579.
An eVisit is a digital house call that you complete any time of day or night. Using eVisits, your doctor can diagnose your condition and prescribe treatment over the Internet – all without traveling or waiting for an appointment. eVisits are available for specific conditions at select primary care practices. Based on your answers to an easy-to-complete questionnaire about your current symptoms, your doctor will respond with a diagnosis and recommended course of action.
There is a $40 charge for each eVisit. Depending on your insurance, you may be billed for a copayment or you may be responsible for the full charge. Please check with your insurance company for detailed coverage information.
The following symptoms can be treated through an eVisit:
- Back pain
- Erectile dysfunction
- Genital herpes
- Poison ivy
- Red or pink eye
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Strep throat
- Urinary symptoms
- Vaginal irritation/discharge
If you are unable to find a specific symptom in the list, select "Other" and tell us about your symptoms. If your symptoms cannot be treated online, the doctor may ask you to schedule an appointment.
* Please note: Most patients are able to access all features of UPMC HealthTrak. However, a small number of doctors' offices do not currently have the technology to access the entire UPMC HealthTrak system, and their patients will not be able to use the full array of UPMC HealthTrak features. In addition, if you are currently a UPMC patient but haven't had an appointment with your doctor in three years or more, you will need to schedule an appointment and complete an office visit to use all of the UPMC HealthTrak features.