Teleconsult Center at UPMC Altoona Station Medical Center
UPMC Teleconsult Centers are a new model of care, bringing specialty physicians close to home by utilizing state-of-the-art video conference technology.
When a specialist is not available near you, the UPMC Teleconsult Center at UPMC Altoona Station Medical Center brings the expert close to home, saving you the trouble of traveling to Pittsburgh.
How It Works
Using HIPAA-secure teleconferencing technology and dedicated on-site staff, the UPMC Teleconsult Center connects you directly to specialists in Pittsburgh.
You and the expert physician can see and hear each other during your consultation, and medical staff at your location can perform an exam and share their findings in real time with the expert physician.
Important Note: Please contact your doctor for a referral to the Teleconsult Center.
Specialties available at this location include:
- Breast Cancer Genetic Counseling
- Breast Cancer Second Opinion
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- High-risk pregnancy: seizure disorders, clotting disorders, thyroid disease, chronic hypertension, and gestational diabetes
- Preconception or pregnancy counseling due to poor obstetrical history or medical problems
- Diabetes education and diabetes consults for type I and type II diabetics who are pregnant
- OB Ultrasound
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility