Pregnancy and Prenatal Care at Magee
If you're pregnant, or trying to become pregnant, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC has an array of specialized services to help.
As western Pennsylvania's premier provider of obstetric and prenatal care, our experienced team delivers the best possible care for you and your newborn.
Our Pregnancy, Prenatal, and Fertility Services
High-risk Pregnancy and Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- High-risk pregnancy care or consultation for both mother and fetus during a complicated pregnancy.
- Preconception consultation for women planning pregnancy who may have high-risk concerns.
- Education and research on the most recent approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of obstetric problems.
Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment Center
- Coordinated effort to address problems earlier, while the fetus is still in the womb.
- Promotes healthier newborns who need fewer medical treatments after birth.
- Partnership with Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC allows a continuum of care, from evaluation to treatment of fetal abnormalities.
Pregnancy and Diabetes Center
- Comprehensive obstetric care for women with diabetes, from preconception through the postpartum period.
- Wide range of state-of-the-art services in a comfortable environment.
- Education and information on managing diabetes and pregnancy to help expectant mothers make informed decisions.
Center for Medical Genetics and Genomics
- One-stop, patient-friendly facility that studies and treats genetic disorders, from pregnancy through adulthood.
- Genetic counselors help families understand genetic diseases, birth defects, inherited disorders, and how they can be passed from parent to child.
- Medical geneticists interpret genetic tests and explain results.
|Center for Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology
- Expert reproductive health care services for women, men, and couples.
- Innovative treatments for both male and female infertility and other reproductive health conditions.
- Assisted reproduction services and fertility preservation program.
Additional Services and Resources
- Pregnancy Loss: Support services for pregnancy loss, its impact, and the grieving that follows.
- Behavioral Health Services: Education, support, and treatment to meet the unique needs of women at all stages of pregnancy.
- What To Bring With You To The Hospital (PDF): Are you concerned about over or under packing for your hospital admission? Use this handy, printable check list to guide you in packing.