Get Heart Healthy!
Monroeville Mall Walkers
- Make walking a part of your personal health and wellness journey.
- Get daily exercise in a clean, safe, weatherproof environment.
In addition to your regular walking routine at the mall, download and print the registration form and bring it with you to one of our events on the second Wednesday of every month from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. All events take place on the lower level of the mall, inside the food court and include free educational programs and screenings, provided by UPMC East specialists.
How It Works
- Register by filling out a registration form at our one of our monthly walking events.
- Walk the course at your own pace and convenience.
- Walkers have access to the mall
Receive updates about monthly educational sessions in the food court.
- Monday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Benefits of Walking
Getting some extra exercise during the day is a lot easier than you think. And the benefits to your health and wellness can be greatly increased by regular exercise, including walking. Benefits can include:
- Walking promotes cardiovascular health.
- It’s a good way to help manage your weight.
- Increases the rate at which you burn calories (metabolism).
- Increases your energy level.
- Improves your sleep.
- Prevents the loss of muscle mass during weight reduction.
- Reduces your risk of certain chronic diseases (cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes).
- Improves your bone density.
- Improves your self-esteem and sense of control.
Community Education Programs
As part of UPMC East’s dedication to the community, we are committed to developing and offering community-oriented programs and services that will provide health education for residents in the area. For more information on upcoming programs and events, visit UPMCEast.com.