Breast Reconstruction and Plastic Surgery
If you're considering mastectomy for breast cancer treatment or risk reduction, the Magee-Womens Breast Cancer Program in Pittsburgh, PA, offers reconstructive and plastic surgery options.
Your breast cancer team will work alongside UPMC plastic surgeons to provide reconstructive surgical:
You can choose to have breast reconstructive surgery immediately following your mastectomy procedure or at a later time.
Types of Reconstructive Breast Surgeries
Breast reconstruction procedures include:
- Autologous flap
- Pedicled and free TRAM flap
- Deep inferior epigastric perforator (DIEP) flap
- Transverse upper gracilis (TUG) reconstruction
- Gluteal artery perforator (IGAP/SGAP)
- Latissimus dorsi flap
- Prosthetic implant
- Partial breast (oncoplastic)