Obstetric Ultrasound at Magee-Womens Imaging
About Obstetric Ultrasound
At Magee-Womens Imaging, our board-certified perinatologists use ultrasound to produce images that help doctors determine the size, shape, and position of the developing baby and diagnose certain gynecological problems.
Our experts are subspecialty-trained in maternal-fetal-medicine, which involves the care of women with high-risk pregnancies. This additional training allows them to better identify abnormalities associated with the pregnancy, and help counsel the patient about what this means for their baby. Additionally, our experts have the experience needed to perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures during pregnancy.
During Your Obstetric Ultrasound
Ultrasound is a painless, noninvasive procedure that does not require the use of radiation. The exam process typically takes 45 to 60 minutes.
In an effort to enhance your experience, reduce distractions, and provide you with the best possible care, we ask that all patients and their guests review the following guidelines for ultrasound procedures:
- We ask that you limit the number of adult visitors in the exam room to no more than two at any one time.
- The presence of unsupervised children during an invasive medical procedure is discouraged.
- Please silence all electronic devices prior to your examination. Camera use is not permitted in the examination room.
- We ask that visitors refrain from using the patient restrooms located within the examination rooms. There are visitor restrooms located next to the waiting room and in the main lobby.
- Please help us keep the noise level within the examination area to a respectful level.
We are hopeful that these guidelines will contribute positively to your care and your experience.
After Your Obstetric Ultrasound
Aside from providing you with the best possible diagnostic examination, we are dedicated to making your experience an enjoyable and memorable event.
We're happy to:
- Provide you with pictures of your baby
- Record a few minutes of your exam on DVD-R
- Attempt to determine your baby's gender, if you want to know