Information for Medical Students
As a major academic medical center and teaching hospital, UPMC McKeesport has been committed to the education of physicians for 100 years. One component of that commitment is the UPMC McKeesport’s involvement in the clinical education of medical students.
UPMC McKeesport provides ample opportunities for core medical student rotations in our affiliated medical schools, in addition elective clerkships are available to medical students from medical schools accredited either by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association. Pennsylvania law prohibits clinical clerkships by students from other medical schools.
Medical students are offered:
- Faculty feedback is provided during the course of all rotations
- Weekly medical student teaching rounds
- Medical students participate in all residency didactic sessions and bedside teaching rounds
- Housing is provided for those students living outside of a 35-mile radius
- Meal tickets
- Free parking
We do not offer observerships.
Available Internal Medicine Rotations:
- General Internal Medicine (2 teams)
- Critical Care (CCU/ICU)