Before You Arrive at UPMC McKeesport
Helping You Prepare for Your Hospital Stay or Same-Day Surgery
On this page:
If you're coming to the UPMC McKeesport for an inpatient stay, please report to the Admissions Department on C-Level of the Mansfield Building. Bring your insurance card and any necessary paperwork.
You may need to complete lab work or other tests to prepare for your procedure. Your doctor will let you know when you should get these tests and give you any special instructions to follow.
UPMC McKeesport outpatient testing center
Mansfield Building, D-Level
1500 Fifth Avenue
McKeesport, PA 15132
- Front Desk: 412-664-2140
- Preregistration: 412-664-2521
- Central Scheduling: 412-664-2273
- Monday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday–Friday: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Top of page
Before Surgery at UPMC McKeesport
A nurse will call you for a phone assessment 24 to 72 hours before your surgery. Allow 20 minutes for the phone assessment.
If you have not already done so, you may want to consider drafting an advance directive before your surgery or admission to the hospital.
An advance directive is a written document that expresses your wishes for medical care if you become incompetent or incapacitated.
- Living wills
- Health care agents
- Powers of attorney
Learn more about advance directives in UPMC's general patient resources section.
Top of page
Day of Surgery
Parking at UPMC McKeesport
Parking is available in the parking garage. Enter from Evans Avenue, adjacent to the hospital.
There is a $3 fee for parking through the purchase of a token.
Valet service is available when using inpatient or outpatient services for $2 with a validated ticket.
Same-day surgery at UPMC McKeesport
If you're having same-day surgery and already preregistered, you should report to the 6th floor of the Mansfield Building on the day of the procedure.
The same-day surgery unit at UPMC McKeesport provides surgical and diagnostic procedures on an outpatient or ambulatory basis.
We admit same-day services/short procedure unit patients are admitted as outpatients. This means you will have your surgery or other special procedures and go home on the same day.
Reminders for same-day surgery patients
- Follow any instructions from your doctor or nurse about food, drink, and medication. These may be important for the administration of anesthesia.
- Wear loose clothing that you can fold easily. We will provide you with a patient gown.
- Do not wear makeup, nail polish, or jewelry.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Bring a list of medications.
- Bring a lens case if you wear contact lenses.
- Bring a copy of your Advance Directive or Living Will (if you have one).
Top of page