Before You Arrive at UPMC McKeesport
On this page:
If you are coming to the hospital for an inpatient stay, please report to the Admissions Department, located on C-Level of the Mansfield Building. Bring your insurance card and any necessary paperwork.
You may be requested to complete laboratory studies or other tests in preparation for your procedure. Your doctor will let you know when you should get any tests done and any special instructions that you will need to follow.
A nurse will call you for a phone assessment 24 -72 hours before your surgery.
Outpatient Testing Center
Mansfield Building, D-Level
1500 Fifth Avenue
McKeesport, PA 15132
The hours of operation are:
- Monday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Important Phone Numbers
Front Desk: 412-664-2140
Central Scheduling: 412-664-2273
Top of page
Parking is available in the parking garage, which can be entered from Evans Avenue adjacent to the hospital.
There is a $3 fee for parking through the purchase of a token.
Valet service is available when using inpatient or outpatient services for $2 with a validated ticket.
Preparing for the hospital
If you are scheduled for Same Day Surgery and are already preregistered, you should report to the 6th floor of the Mansfield Building on the day of the procedure.
Top of page
Day of Surgery
Same day surgery at UPMC McKeesport
The Same Day Surgery Unit provides surgical and diagnostic procedures on an outpatient or ambulatory basis. Same Day Services/Short Procedure Unit patients are admitted as outpatients to UPMC McKeesport, have surgery or other special procedures, and are discharged on the same day.
Reminders for same day surgery patients:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that can be easily folded; a patient gown will be provided to you.
- Do not wear makeup, nail polish, or jewelry.
- Do not bring valuables with you.
- Bring a list of medications, or if requested, bring the medications that you take regularly with you.
- Bring a lens case if you wear contact lenses.
- Bring a copy of your Advance Directive or Living Will (if you have one).
- Follow any instructions regarding food, drink, and medication, as it may be important for the administration of anesthesia.
Top of page