Recent Internal Medicine Graduate Activities
In addition to entering practice in primary care or hospital medicine, our graduates have Matched in the past three years into fellowships in the following fields:
- Critical Care Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Palliative Care
- Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine
Gift from the Class of 2014
On June 20, 2014, the Internal Medicine Class of 2014 presented a plaque to the Department of Medicine with the following inscription:
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them” -JFK
Thank you for everything!
Gift from the Class of 2013
On June 13, 2013, the Internal Medicine Class of 2013 presented a plaque to the Department of Medicine with the following inscription:
"When we started at UPMC Mercy, this day seemed so far away. Now it's here and we can't believe how time has passed so quickly. But through your encouragement and guidance, we feel we are ready for tomorrow's challenges. A great team like you plays an important part in shaping and guiding us. Thank you all for your effort and dedication to teaching us and encouraging us to be the best that we can be."
Comments from Recent Alumni
The following quotes are taken directly from the internal medicine residency program's annual anonymous survey of residents:
- "Our critical care training is exceptional."
- "I felt very prepared for my Cardiology fellowship."
- “My training both as a Resident and a Chief Resident helped me in my current position. I am proud to say the training at our program definitely prepares you for the real life challenges in the clinical world.”
- “Excellent outpatient experience.”
- “Attendings committed to teaching and to resident personal and professional growth.”
- “Overall excellent ancillary/nursing staff.”
- “Helpful and reliable senior residents.”
- “Attendings definitely devoted to education of residents.”
- “Excellent support to residents for fellowship and job positions.”
- “I really appreciate the way our program looks at the health of the residents.”
- “The internal medicine residency program is an excellent training program. Overall, the quality of residents is superior in a congenial and friendly environment in the hospital/health center and in the Department of Medicine. The program provides a very nurturing environment for the residents to learn. The entire faculty is very approachable. The entire faculty is very approachable, and I am very happy with the overall training/clinical care/research opportunities.”
- “Transitioning from a resident to an attending was a very smooth ride for me. Unlike others who joined with me as a hospitalist coming from other training programs, I clearly think that I had better training.”
- “Overall healthy atmosphere for learning, as well as inculcating personality needed for successful and safe practice of medicine.”
- “UPMC Mercy has a wonderful work environment. It is the people/colleagues who make it the place to be!”
- “My interactions with the attendings and senior residents have been very positive. They have really been very supportive.”
- "When the residents go out to practice or to fellowship, they will appreciate every day they spent at UPMC Mercy. After I practiced for 2 years and now as a fellow, I realize how good the training was during my residency."
- "The amount of knowledge I gained while working at UPMC Mercy will always stay as one of the best experiences in my life."
- "I am truly grateful for what the program at UPMC Mercy has given me. I felt that choosing UPMC Mercy would give me the best opportunity to be a competitive candidate for a GI position and it turns out that was exactly the case."
- "It was an honor to be a part of this great residency program."
- "Our program is a holistic learning experience that allows us not only to learn medicine, but grow as people."
- "Perfect professional molding environment."
- "Working now outside of Mercy, I realize how good our training is at UPMC Mercy."
- "I'm very proud of our training program. Mercy IM has shaped us all into future leaders. It's a great sense of accomplishment being a part of my class."
- "This program has given me so much and it has been a wonderful experience."
- "I have fond memories of the times I spent at Mercy - from the first day of internship to the last day. I'm starting the next chapter in my life and this wouldn't have been possible without the nurturing environment and personal attention that you provided."
- "It has been a great journey with my residency training and with the clinical experience I received at UPMC. I would like to thank all the faculty at Mercy for giving me such a great opportunity to be a part of the Mercy Family."