Internal Medicine Residency at UPMC Mercy
UPMC Mercy's Internal Medicine Residency Program is comprised of 51 total residents (17 in each class) and offers:
- University faculty
- Research opportunities
- Exposure to subspecialty fellows
- A rigorous yet manageable curriculum
- Excellent Board pass rates
About Our Program
- The UPMC Mercy Internal Medicine Residency Program was recently re-accredited for five years (the maximum possible), with zero citations and several commendations.
- All Internal Medicine residents receive simulation training at the Peter M. Winter Institute for Simulation, Education and Research (WISER), a world-class multidisciplinary training and research facility.
- Internal Medicine residents wishing to pursue research have the option to work with University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty. This experience is often sought by residents in preparation for fellowship training or clinical practice.
- UPMC Mercy also offers an osteopathic internship that allows osteopathic graduates to “fast-track” into a PGY-2 internal medicine position.
- UPMC Mercy hosts numerous medical students in rotations throughout the academic year, giving residents the opportunity to teach students on the nursing units and in “MKSAP for Students” conferences.
About UPMC Mercy
UPMC Mercy is a Level I trauma center and a Joint Commission-certified stroke center. It's also the main campus of UPMC’s Rehabilitation Institute.
We have more adult emergency department visits than any other UPMC hospital, and we have the only burn center in the UPMC system.
UPMC Mercy has more than 1,200 medical staff, including 24/7 on-site presence of:
- Emergency medicine physicians
- Trauma surgeons