Each academic year is designed in blocks of four weeks. There are 13 blocks in each academic year.
|GIM (Floor Medicine)
||3 - 4
|Night Medicine (in 2 or 4 week segments)
|Primary Care Office (in 2 or 4 week segments, paired with Night Medicine)
|Critical Care Medicine
|Psychiatry (paired with Night Medicine)
- Night Medicine and Primary Care Office are each conducted in 2-week segments.
- Residents complete at least one rotation in each of the major subspecialties of internal medicine, with additional opportunity to repeat the same rotation in a different year as schedule permits.
- Curriculum is subject to change. Individual curricula may vary from the above template.
In addition to Teaching Rounds, residency conferences include Morning Report, Grand Rounds, Noon Conference, PGY-3 led Morbidity and Mortality Conference (with discussion of root cause analysis), and Program Director's Conference.
Internal Medicine Electives
- Gastroenterology (requires travel to off-campus office)
- Infectious Diseases
- Hematology/Oncology (requires travel to off-campus office)
- Primary Care Office (private office)
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Rheumatology (requires travel to off-campus office)
Additional non-internal medicine electives may also be requested.