Diabetes Program at UPMC Passavant
The Diabetes Program at UPMC Passavant, recognized by the American Diabetes Association for excellence in diabetes management, is committed to helping adults with type one and type two diabetes learn about their disease so they can live healthier lives.
At UPMC Passavant, we offer diabetes education through one-on-one counseling sessions and group classes that will help you understand how to manage your diabetes.
You may benefit from diabetes education if you:
- Are newly diagnosed with diabetes.
- Need help with diabetes meal planning.
- Have recently started new diabetes medications.
- Have large fluctuations in your blood glucose or your A1C is above seven percent.
- Want to learn how to prevent diabetes complications.
- Want help getting back on track with your diabetes management.
Classes are held at both campuses of UPMC Passavant. The education series is divided into two classes. You can complete the classes as your schedule allows. Topics include:
- Monitoring your diabetes
- Being active
- Setting goals
Most insurance plans cover diabetes education fees. Check with your insurance company to find out if you are covered.
Online Diabetes Resources
Visit the UPMC Centers for Diabetes Education and Support for more information.