5th Annual Celebrating Senior Champions Dinner and Auction
: UPMC Senior Services
uses this annual event to recognize individuals and organizations that champion senior causes and help make western Pennsylvania a model for healthy aging.
- Paul M. Winkler, Grand Champion: president and CEO, Presbyterian SeniorCare, a continuum of senior housing and care communities and services (including non-profit supportive housing, assisted living and long-term care) at 44 locations across 10 counties of southwestern Pennsylvania serving approximately 6,500 older and disabled persons annually.
- Gail Roddie-Hamlin, M.P.H., CHES, on behalf of the organization Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Pennsylvania Chapter, Community Champion: president, Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Pennsylvania Chapter. The Association increases awareness and knowledge of Alzheimer’s and related dementias throughout the region, and is dedicated to its vision of a world without Alzheimer’s.
- Ed Ricci, Ph.D., Caregiver Champion: director, Institute for Evaluation Science in Community Health, Department of Behavioral and Community Health Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh’s Graduate School of Public Health. He also serves as Associate Director of the Aging Institute of UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh.
- Deborah Brodine, president, UPMC Senior Communities.
- Rick Dayton, KDKA-TV news reporter, will emcee the event.
- Entertainment will be provided by piano soloist David Crisci during the reception; The Kenny Powell Jazz Trio will perform during dinner.
WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013; 5:30 p.m., cocktails, Hors d’oeuvres and auction; 7:30 p.m., dinner.
Note to Media: There will be a media room available for interviews of this year’s champions. Please contact Cristina Mestre at 412-586-9776 to make arrangements.