Pitt Hosts Second Annual University of Pittsburgh-Tsinghua University Joint Symposium on Medical Sciences
WHO: This event is open to Pitt and UPMC faculty and staff. Speakers at the two-day event will include:
- Arthur S. Levine, M.D., senior vice chancellor for the health sciences and dean, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
- Yigong Shi, Ph.D., dean, School of Life Sciences, and senior vice dean, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University
- Yoel Sadovsky, Ph.D., Elsie Hilliard Hillman Professor of Women’s Health Research, professor of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive sciences at Pitt and scientific director, Magee-Womens Research Institute
- Zhijie Chang, Ph.D., professor of medicine and professor of life sciences, Tsinghua University
- Gong Cheng, Ph.D., principal investigator, Center for Infectious Diseases Research, Department of Basic Medical Science, Tsinghua University
- Kehkooi Kee, Ph.D., professor of basic medical science, and principal investigator, Center for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Tsinghua University
View a listing of all of the program's speakers.
WHEN: 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Monday, April 29; 8 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Tuesday, April 30
WHERE: 11th Floor Conference Center, Scaife Hall, 3550 Terrace Street, Oakland
WHY: In a collaboration that began in 2011, up to 45 medical and graduate students from Tsinghua University come to Pittsburgh for a two-year training program in biomedical research. The symposium is intended to build relationships and educate each site about the other’s work and is held in alternating years at each university.
Media wishing to attend should contact Anita Srikameswaran at SrikamAV@upmc.edu or 412-578-9193 for more information.