UPMC Center for Integrative Medicine Hosting Holistic Medicine Workshop
The Fourth Annual Amy Stine Workshop on Holistic Medicine
will focus on spirituality in health care settings and patient spirituality assessments. Presenters will discuss cultural factors and the development of a spiritual life. In addition, there will be a panel discussion where attendees can discuss personal experiences and ask questions of holistic medicine experts. The workshop also will address the connection between fascia (the body’s connective tissue) and the mind. The public, health care consumers, and medical/mental health professionals are encouraged to attend.
Amy Stine, M.D., was a holistic family physician in the Pittsburgh area. Her private practice addressed body, mind and spirit. This workshop, sponsored by the UPMC Center for Integrative Medicine
and others, is presented in her memory and offers healing concepts for medical professionals and the public. Presenters include:
- Christina Puchalski, M.D., M.S., director of the George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health
- Jeanette E. South-Paul, M.D., Andrew W. Mathieson UPMC Chair and Professor of the Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Jon Spiegel, Ph.D., assistant professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Charles Starr, DMin, director, Pastoral Care and Clinical Training, UPMC Shadyside
- David Lesondak, BCSI, KMI, LMT
WHEN: 8:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., Saturday, May 11, 2013
Pre-registration is required; view the schedule of events and register for the conference. Costs are as follows:
- $60 for attendees receiving continuing education credits
- $20 for full-time students
- $30 for all others
WHERE: Herberman Conference Center, UPMC Shadyside. 5230 Centre Ave., Pittsburgh, PA, 15232.
For more information, contact Oakland Walters, at 412-623-3811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.