UPMC/University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences
U.S. and International Health Leaders in Pittsburgh for Global Health Conference
WHAT: The University of Pittsburgh and UPMC will host the first U.S. visit of the biennial All Together Better Health conference to highlight the latest research on team-based health care delivery and the changing health care workforce. Keynote speeches and more than 500 research projects from 27 countries will be presented on the topic of interprofessional practice and education, an evolving concept in health care that uses a coordinated team approach to efficiently provide the best and most cost-effective care to each patient. A video illustrating team-based health care in practice at UPMC’s Falk Trauma Clinic is available at http://youtu.be/niqKLFd2pTs.
- Sir David Nicholson, K.C.B., C.B.E., former CEO, England’s National Health Service
- Steven D. Shapiro, M.D., chief medical and scientific officer, UPMC
- Barbara Brandt, Ph.D., director of the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education
- Mark A. Warner, M.D., executive dean of education, Mayo Clinic
- Everette James, J.D., M.B.A., director, Pitt Health Policy Institute and former Pennsylvania secretary of health
- Health policy leaders from the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and Asia
WHEN: Friday, June 6, through Sunday, June 8; Keynote address by Sir David Nicholson from 8:30 to 10 a.m., Friday
WHERE: The primary conference activities will be held on and around the University of Pittsburgh campus in Oakland; the keynote address will be in the Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum Auditorium, 4141 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh 15213
Note to Media: To cover this event, contact Allison Hydzik at 412-647-9975.