Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Holds Groundbreaking Ceremony for Expansion to New South Fayette Location
PITTSBURGH, May 7, 2013
– Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
today held a groundbreaking ceremony for a new pediatric site in South Fayette that will feature expanded outpatient services including pediatric sub-specialty care; various therapies; primary care; advanced imaging services; and after-hours urgi-care in one highly visible, child and family-friendly setting.
The new Children’s South is moving from its current location in Bethel Park to South Fayette Township and is set to open in fall 2014. New and expanded services include:
- Increased exam room space for expanded pediatric subspecialty care including adolescent medicine, allergy, cardiology, endocrinology, ENT, gastroenterology, neurology, orthopaedics, plastic surgery and pulmonary medicine.
- State-of-the-art pediatric-based radiology to include x-ray, fluoroscopy and ultrasound.
- Children’s Express Care South Fayette, an after-hours pediatric care center.
- 15,000-square-feet of open gym and exam room space for rehabilitation services to include speech, audiology, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
- New expansion of pediatric behavioral health services to include cognitive therapy and developmental testing.
- New expansion site for CCP–South Fayette, a primary care practice that is part of Children’s Community Pediatrics.
“This expansion in South Fayette is a wonderful opportunity for Children’s Hospital to consolidate all of the services we currently provide in the South Hills into a single, highly accessible facility,” said Christopher Gessner, president, Children’s. “We’re responding to a growing need for pediatric services from families in southwestern Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia and eastern Ohio. We want to make it even more convenient for families to access our world-class doctors and caregivers.”
The new Children’s South is designed to resemble the hospital’s main campus in Lawrenceville — from an abundance of natural light to distraction therapy features for various age groups. The four-story building with 60,000-square-feet of usable space will sit on 2.6 acres.
The architect on the new Children’s South project is IKM Incorporated and contractor is Rycon Construction, Inc.
The New Children's South
100 Hickory Grade Road
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Visit the Children's South webpage to learn more about this new location.