UPMC Participates in Pink Glove Dance to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 5, 2013
– Breast cancer survivors are among the more than 200 UPMC physicians, staff and community members who participated in this year’s Pink Glove Dance video contest. If chosen as the first-place winner of $25,000, UPMC CancerCenter
will donate the prize to Hair Peace Charities
, a nonprofit that helps women and girls buy wigs while undergoing chemotherapy treatment for any type of cancer.
Sponsored by Medline, the contest aims to raise awareness about breast cancer. Last year, UPMC CancerCenter placed ninth out of more than 250 videos.
Here are step-by-step instructions to vote for UPMC CancerCenter’s video:
- Visit www.pinkglovedance.com and find UPMC CancerCenter’s video.
- After you watch the video, click the pink “VOTE NOW” button to the right of the video.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address. Enter an email that you have easy access to.
- Pink Glove Dance will send a link to that email address. Open the email from Pink Glove and click the link that is provided.
- Your first vote will be counted. You can then vote once per day. The email verification is required only the first time you vote.