UPMC McKeesport Lions Diabetes Center Hosts Annual Ahmad Memorial Diabetes Update: ‘Putting Your Best Foot Forward’
WHAT: Informative session that will help participants understand the different types of diabetes and the importance early detection has for the proper management and treatment of the disease.
WHY: Learning about proper exercise guidelines, risk factors of a diabetic foot condition and the importance of annual foot checks is crucial to maintain health. Participants will learn how to avoid infections, encourage wound healing, and avoid amputation with prevention and early treatment of skin sores.
• UPMC McKeesport Lions Diabetes Center Staff:
• Janice Koshinsky, R.N., M.S., C.D.E., Program Manager
• Carla DeJesus, M.S., R.D., L.D.N., C.D.E., Dietitian Specialist
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2014
• 5:30 p.m. – Screenings and Exhibits
• 6:15 p.m. – Dinner and Program
• 7:30 p.m. – Panel Q&A
WHERE: UPMC McKeesport
, Kelly Conference Center, Ground Floor, Kelly Building, 1500 Fifth Ave., McKeesport, Pa., 15132
Dinner and parking are free, though reservations are required. To reserve your space, call 412-664-3055.