UPMC Voice Center Offers a Free ‘Sound Check’ for Church Choirs and Vocal Teams
WHAT: Fourth annual free vocal health seminar for church choirs and vocal teams
In conjunction with World Voice Day
, UPMC otolaryngologists and speech pathologists specializing in the voice will offer customized education on the anatomy and physiology of voice production, essential vocal wellness, and techniques to ensure a healthy speaking and singing voice.
- Church choirs and vocal teams
- UPMC Voice Center team members:
- Vyvy Young, M.D., assistant professor of otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Amanda Gillespie, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, director of clinical research
- Christina Dastolfo, M.A., CCC-SLP, speech language pathologist and singing voice specialist
WHEN: 5 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 22; RSVP by April 15 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE: UPMC Mercy, 1400 Locust St., Clark Auditorium, 2nd Floor