Drug Overdose Prevention Training
Learn how you can save the life of someone you love.
WHAT: UPMC East
and Prevention Point Pittsburgh
partner to present a special program offering direct training in Naloxone (also known as Narcan), which is used to treat narcotic drug overdoses.
WHY: More Pennsylvanians die from drug overdoses each year than in car accidents — and Allegheny County ranks second in the state in the number of overall drug overdoses.
• Learn the symptoms of a drug overdose — and the steps you should and should not take
• Discover why Naloxone works
• Receive hands-on training on how to administer Naloxone
• Get details about the new overdose prevention law, PA Act 139
o Naloxone will be available to those in need of a take-home supply.*
*Provided by Prevention Point Pittsburgh
• Anyone affected by narcotic drug addition
• Featured speaker: Alice Bell, L.C.S.W., Overdose Prevention Project Coordinator, Prevention Point Pittsburgh
WHEN: 9 to 11 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2015
WHERE: UPMC East Conference Center, Ground Level, 2775 Mosside Blvd., Monroeville, Pa., 15146
Light refreshments will be served and parking is free. Reservations are required. To register, call 412-357-3700.