UPMC Disabilities Resource Center
People with disabilities who receive care at UPMC have access to a number of disability departments.
In 2007, we created the UPMC Disabilities Resource Center with the goal of improving access to health care for our patients with disabilities.
What We Do for People with Disabilities
The center's staff:
- Provides education and training.
- Conducts reviews and assessments of our hospitals and facilities.
- Reviews policies and practices on accessible health care.
A critical element of our work is to engage with the disability community. An Advisory Council guides our disability efforts and helps set our priorities.
How Can We Help You?
Our commitment is to make sure all UPMC patients receive high quality health care.
Here are some ways we can help:
- Do you have an upcoming hospital stay planned? Let us know and we can arrange for accommodations ahead of time.
- Do you have a disability or assist someone who does? Browse a list of disability support groups to connect with others who are having similar experiences.
- Do you want to know how UPMC can support your specific disability during your stay? See the FAQ about disability resources at UPMC.
- Do you have ideas on how UPMC can improve care for people with disabilities? Let us know. We welcome all ideas and feedback.
Contact the UPMC Disabilities Resource Center with any questions, comments, or suggestions related to your disability. We'll work to make sure we meet your needs.