UPMC McKeesport Outpatient Pharmacy
The outpatient pharmacy at UPMC McKeesport offers pharmaceutical services for:
- UPMC McKeesport and other UPMC patients
- UPMC staff and their dependents
- University of Pittsburgh faculty and staff
- UPMC Hillman Cancer Center facilities and programs
Our pharmacists and staff work closely with health care professionals to provide you with the prescriptions you need before you leave the hospital or physician office.
Our Pharmacy Services
We offer a very convenient prescription fill process for our patients upon discharge to help eliminate the need to make another stop before reaching home.
We are conveniently located on the first floor in the Shaw Building where you or a caregiver can stop in and pick up your prescriptions on your way out of the hospital.
A pharmacist will be available for medication consultation at pickup or you may choose to call us anytime with questions.
Our pharmacy's services include:
- Prescriptions for patients upon discharge.
- Pharmacist consultations and counseling on medications.
- Assistance with medication costs and other prescription issues through collaboration with social workers, care coordinators, and other health care professionals.
- Discounts on over-the-counter medications for UPMC employees.
- Employees with UPMC insurance can receive a 90-day supply of medication for a 60-day supply copay.
- Prescription transfers.
- Immunizations (shots) for patients 18 years of age or older: pneumonia, flu, hepatitis A and B, tetanus-diphtheria-whooping cough, and shingles. Call 412-664-3100 to see if your insurance plan is accepted for these shots.
- Most insurance plans are accepted at the pharmacy.
UPMC McKeesport Pharmacy Information and FAQs (PDF)