The resident will demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
- Develops a sensitivity of the unique stresses placed on families under care for congenital anomalies of the hand.
- Exhibits an unselfish regard for the welfare of hand patients.
- Demonstrates firm adherence to a code of moral and ethical values.
- Is respectful to hand patients and their families especially in times of trauma and stress to the family unit.
- Respects and appropriately integrates other members of the hand care team.
- Provides appropriately prompt hand consultations when requested.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the individual patient's profession, life goals, and cultural background as they apply to hand surgery.
- Is reliable, punctual, and accountable for own actions in the OR and hand clinic.