The Community Professionals Training Series on ADRD continues with a presentation by Barbara Usher, RN, PhD, GCNS-BC, ACHPN, at the Frick Training Center at the Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging.
The course objectives include:
- Define palliative care
- Differentiate among levels of palliative care delivery
- Understand potential ethical issues and considerations for palliative practice
- Describe the role of the provider in palliative care and symptom management
- Describe key principles of providing information and support to families of persons with ADRD at the end of life
- Understand how advance care planning can benefit individuals with ADRD
Dr. Barbara Usher, RN, PhD, GCNS-BC, ACHPN
Associate Professor of Health and Community Systems, School of Nursing, University of Pittsburgh
Register for this event online
Program is open at no cost to community providers working with persons who have ADRD or their caregivers.
Continuing Education: L/CSW, LPC, LMFT (Pa.) and Nursing at no cost for registrants
This learning activity is being jointly provided by the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing. The School is an accredited provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Participants completing the learning activity may be awarded a maximum of 2 contact hours.
Program supported by Health Resources and Services Administration Grant # U1QHP28736