How to Make a Referral to resolve Crisis Services
resolve provides free crisis services for residents of Allegheny County through an agreement between the county, Community Care Behavioral Health, and UPMC.
Our team of 150 members — here to help around the clock, year-round — includes:
- Crisis clinicians
- Peer supports
- Crisis nurses
Our Crisis Services
Most of our services don't need a referral from a doctor or crisis counselor. People can call us for help themselves at 1-888-7-YOU-CAN (796-8226).
Learn more about all resolve Crisis Services.
Call our hotline to refer a patient or client
Doctors, nurses, therapists, and community leaders can call our phone hotline at 1-888-7-YOU-CAN (796-8226) to refer clients to our services.
- Our mobile crisis unit for in-person wellness checkups and crisis assessments anywhere within Allegheny County.
- Our walk-in center in the East End of Pittsburgh for in-person crisis treatment, support, or referral to other services. While we don't provide medical services, our nursing staff will do a basic health check on those who may need residential services.
Residential crisis services
If a patient or client needs an extended stay, our residential service is a short-term alternative to the hospital.
resolve staff members, doctors, case workers, or members of the Community Treatment Team (CTT) may refer clients to this service.
We accept persons ages 14 and older with a psychiatric diagnosis for up to 72 hours. If a client doesn't yet have a diagnosis, our team can do a consult.
If possible, clients needing residential services should bring their own toiletries, clothing, and medicine.
Child and Adolescent Chronic-Disorders Treatment Intervention Services (CACTIS)
This program supports kids and their families for up to six weeks through routine outpatient visits.
Any mental health worker, social worker, or school staff member can refer a child to the CACTIS program.
- A formal psychiatric diagnosis.
- Reason for referral.
- Information on any mental health treatment the child is currently receiving.
You can refer a child to CACTIS by one of three ways:
A CACTIS staff member will contact the child's family to schedule an intake visit.
Until we accept the child into this program, resolve Crisis Services can provide support through the hotline at 1-888-796-8226.
More Crisis Referral Tips
With any referrals, it's helpful if care providers and case managers let the resolve team know:
- How we can help.
- What services your patient or client needs.
- Any health data or records that might be useful.
- A list of your client's prescribed drugs, if any.