UPMC Clinicians Specializing in Diabetes Care
Many specialists at UPMC have expertise in diabetes-related health care.
- UPMC's wide network of primary care providers make sure all of your health needs are met, including your diabetes care.
- Endocrinologists are doctors who specialize in diabetes care. These specialists can be a resource for extra help or for special challenges you face in managing diabetes.
- Diabetes educators work at our nationally recognized UPMC Centers for Diabetes Education and Support. They provide training and information to help you better manage your diabetes.
- Experts who treat complications include nephrologists for kidney disease, ophthalmologists for vision, cardiologists for heart disease, neurologists for nerve problems, and podiatrists for ongoing foot care.
- UPMC Wound Healing Services offer state-of-the-art treatments for complications such as foot wounds and ulcers, at locations across western Pennsylvania.
- Specialized services are available from a team of experts, who help support you in the day-to-day management of your diabetes, including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, exercise physiologists, behavioral health experts, and more.