UPMC’s Travel Health offers travelers preventive health care services tailored to your health status and destination.
Our doctors are infectious disease experts and provide complete travel health care to:
We also specialize in caring for the medically complicated traveler, such as:
- People with weakened immune systems.
- The elderly.
- Pregnant women.
- Those who have existing health issues.
Medical Consults Before You Travel
Comprehensive medical consultations provide you with details — based on your travel plan — such as:
- Health risks.
- Required and recommended immunizations.
- Safety precautions.
Our travel health doctors provide the following services during your consult:
- Complete review of travel itinerary.
- Review of prophylaxis medications — including side effects and interactions with your current prescribed drugs.
- Patient education about medications and immunizations that help prevent illnesses — such as giardia, malaria, diarrhea, and Zika.
- Self-treatment guidance in the event of illness while traveling.
- Details on follow-up care for travel-acquired illness.
Immunizations for Your Trip
UPMC’s Travel Health provides complete destination-specific services based on recommendations by the:
Based on your travels, our doctors will discuss the recommended and required immunizations. And, we can give them to you during your visit.
Our board-certified infectious disease specialists also assess and treat travel-acquired illnesses.
Some of the common post-travel health issues we manage include:
- Parasitic infections
Stay Healthy During Your Travels — Make an Appointment Today
To make an appointment or learn more about our services, call UPMC Travel Health at 412-647-7228.