UPMC Mercy Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
The UPMC Rehabilitation Institute's location at UPMC Mercy, in uptown Pittsburgh, Pa., includes 76 beds across four dedicated units for:
Centers of Excellence
UPMC Mercy is home to the UPMC Rehabilitation Institute’s Centers of Excellence in:
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
These centers combine advanced clinical care with cutting-edge research, providing patients with access to technology unavailable elsewhere in the region, such as the Rehabilitation Institute’s Robotic and Gaming Center.
Inpatient Rehab Services at UPMC Mercy
- Treatment by physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language pathology
- Cognitive therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Multidisciplinary orthotic and prosthetic services
- Spiritual care
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Case management
- Social services
Our patient care team is lead by physicians from the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
The hospital also offers a comprehensive range of outpatient services and convenient access to major highways.
Our rehabilitation facilities at UPMC Mercy include:
- Customized rehabilitation gyms in all four units, providing easy access to daily therapy.
- In-ceiling lifts designed to serve as 50-foot walking paths, helping patients safely practice mobility.
- A full array of tertiary care services, including the on-site Level I trauma and comprehensive burn centers.
» See photos of the UPMC Mercy inpatient rehab facility.
Amenities for visitors include: