Strabane Woods of Washington
Strabane Woods of Washington offers a comfortable, affordable lifestyle designed to meet the changing needs of seniors who treasure their independence, but need some supervision and assistance with daily activities.
Located adjacent to the Wilfred R. Cameron Wellness Center, Strabane Woods offers a private elegant residence with fitness, health care, and rehabilitation services nearby, providing safety, security, and peace of mind to residents and their families. At Strabane Woods, residents experience both attentive and affordable assisted living in a community that is supported by UPMC’s health care system, dedicated to improving and enriching the lives of residents.
Residents are assessed, and plans of care and support are created to meet their individual needs before they move to Strabane Woods. Regular assessments are done to ensure that each resident continues to receive needed care. Personal care services provided include around the clock nursing care and medication management, assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming, personal hygiene, help with walking and getting around, and a friendly escort to meals and activities.
- Delicious restaurant-style, chef-prepared meals daily
- Facility managers on site around the clock, seven days a week to help meet residents’ every need
- Housekeeping and fresh linen and towel services weekly
- Utilities and cable television paid (excluding telephone)
- Daily activities, outings, and stimulating interest groups to encourage socializing and engagement
- Beautifully decorated fireside lounge
- Dependable daily van transportation to shopping and appointments
- Convenient on-site beauty salon and barber shop
- Outdoor patio and garden space to enjoy the beauty of nature
- A well-equipped exercise area with personal assistance
- 24-hour nursing care and personal care services tailored to each resident's unique needs
- Access to quality health care and wellness services
- On-site rehabilitation services with occupational and speech therapists who are specially trained in geriatric care