Baseline Testing Program: Heads UP Pittsburgh
Heads UP Pittsburgh is a partnership between UPMC Sports Medicine, the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation, the Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC), the Community College of Beaver County (CCBC), and the Centers for Disease Control.
From June 15th through July 31st, free neurocognitive baseline testing will be available for athletes ages 7 to 14 in western Pennsylvania.
Testing for athletes will be conducted at the UPMC Center for Sports Medicine and six other locations:
- CCAC–Boyce Campus in Monroeville
- CCAC–North Campus in McCandless
- CCAC–South Campus in West Mifflin
- CCAC–West Hills Center in Oakdale
- CCBC–Monaca Campus
- Grove City–Midwestern Intermediate Unit 4
Please check the online registration site for upcoming testing dates and times.
- Athletes ages 7 to 9 can take the baseline test for FREE only at the UPMC Center for Sports Medicine.
- Athletes ages 10 to 14 can take the baseline test for FREE at any location.
- Athletes ages 15 and above can take the baseline test at any location for a nominal fee of $25.
Please note that registrations will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. It is strongly recommended that you register your athlete as early as possible to avoid missing your opportunity for the test. Please use the online registration form located to the right of this page.
Prior to your test, the following forms will need to be completed and brought with you to your appointment.
Learn More about ImPACT Baseline Testing
To learn more about concussions, visit the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program.