Infographic: The Size and Scope of UPMC Hospitals
In an organization of more than 25 hospitals and 65,000 employees, one could imagine how many supplies we could go through in a typical year.
The infographic below shares some unbelievable facts about the size and scope of UPMC.
In a typical year, UPMC uses:
- 36 million alcohol prep pads
- 54 million gauzes
- 21.5 million conference call minutes
- 27 million syringes
- 1.5 million rolls of tape
- 20 million pounds of linens used
- 3 million glucose test strips
- 127 million exam gloves
- 3.8 million pounds of single stream recycling separated
- 11.9 million pounds of snow removal material used
- 8 million isolation gowns
- 22,000 patients from around the world, for over 174,000 surgeries and over 600,000 emergency room visits