Supplier Sustainability Performance Appreciation
As UPMC continues incorporating sustainability principles into its operations, we appreciate the collaborative impact of our suppliers, especially those that are also practicing sustainability. Based on recent active and passive surveys* of the top 200 suppliers by spend, we learned the following about our supplier distribution:
- Ratio of suppliers aware of sustainability
- Percent of suppliers acting towards or practicing sustainability
- Suppliers that demonstrated confidence in their performance by how they chose report and reporting quality (complexity of public reporting)
*Active surveying occurred through sending out an email of five questions regarding sustainability. Passive surveying occurred by thorough review of publicly accessible supplier websites for evidence of addressing the triple bottom-line of equity, economy, and environment.
- In 2017, the significance of the top 200 suppliers by send is that they account ~57% of the total spend
- Of the top 200 suppliers, those practicing sustainability account for ~46% of the total spend
- Of the top 200 suppliers, those that publicly report their sustainability performance account ~36% of the total spend
The significance of incorporating sustainability is that it reflects a positive, constructive commitment of accountability that extends beyond one's organization to the benefit of the larger community.
Learn More About UPMC and Sustainability