How to Apply for an Administrative Fellowship
The UPMC Administrative Fellowship is intended for post-graduates who have completed their graduate studies within the last 18 months.
Candidates must possess excellent analytic and communication skills, should be motivated and self-starting, and adaptive to change. Prior to starting the fellowship program, interested applicants must have a master's degree* from an accredited university in:
- Health Administration (MHA), CAHME accredited Univeristy
- Public Health (MPH), CEPH accredited University
- Business Administration (MBA), AMBA, AACSB, or EQUIS accredited University
- Or other related master's degree program
Please note UPMC is unable to offer employer sponsorship for employment authorization for the Administrative Fellowship position.
*Candidates finishing master's degree programs requiring an administrative residency after completing classroom curriculum are eligible to apply. Accepted candidates are required to complete both years of the administrative fellowship program.
Please be sure to follow all application instructions for consideration.
Please submit the following application materials to the NAFCAS portal:
- Personal Statement (two page limit):
- Describe how an administrative fellowship at UPMC aligns with your professional career goals. If you are applying to more than one UPMC Administrative Fellowship program, briefly describe your interest in each program.
- Discuss how your experience, skills, strengths, etc. will support the continued growth and innovation within UPMC.
- Provide a brief summary of your hobbies, interests, and what makes you unique.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript
- Official or unofficial graduate transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (one professional, one from graduate program director or graduate school professor, and one from an individual of the applicant's choosing)
All Applications are due by October 1, 2018.
UPMC is a proud member of the National Council of Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) and will be following their uniform timeline of events.
On-site Welcome Reception for All Finalists: October 29, 2018
HSD Pittsburgh and ISD On-site Interviews: October 30, 2018
HSD Altoona On-site Interviews: October 31, 2018
HSD Susquehanna On-Site Interviews: November 1, 2018
Salary and Benefits
UPMC provides a competitive salary, relocation package, and full benefits, including:
- Life and disability insurance
Reimbursement for travel expenses to regional or national health care conferences also may be provided.